David Lagesse –– As I have been told, as this is My Profile,
. I can promulgate any palter on here, as I like:
- I have backpacked on 9 continents, and led expeditions on 8.
- Climbed the 6 tallest mountains in the world: Qomolangma, Aconcagua,
Denali, Kilimanjaro, Pico Cristóbal Colón, and Wycheproof.
- I have been a featured writer 11 times in Backpacking Magazine and
27 other publications. I have written 6 books on Mountain Climbing
- I speak 7 different languages fluently, none of which you ever heard of.
- I have slowed down a bit, now that I am approaching 128 years old,
well I am halfway there!
- I am a webmaster for Spacebook and this website too.
To enhance the outdoor experiences for all Club members with the objective
of companionship, shared knowledge, and personal growth through
participation of hiking and backpacking in the Western U.S.
Our group is composed of like-minded individuals for the enjoyment of
outdoor activities. Outings will be by consensus and inspired through our
core values that are fitness focus, health oriented, and by ability.
Planned and coordinated self-paced treks will be offered on a first come
first served basis and supported on multiple levels through training and trail
supervision. There will be no limitation on activities – picnics, 'Family Camp',
Day Hikes and weekend or full week (or more) wilderness outings – for
beginners or advanced members based solely on agreement.
|The food some of
us enjoy on the trail
on Trail to Whitney
Rose Kundert –– Backpacking and Trek Highlights
- Outing Coordinator – BSA, Trek Leader 14 years – BSA
- Taught – Backpacking, Backpacking Food and Gear, Wilderness
Survival, Hiking, and Camping.
- Led treks to: Half Dome & Mt. Whitney.
- Many weekend or week-long trips: Sonora pass to Tuolumne Meadows,
80 miles in 5 days, on the Pacific Crest Trail. — Grand Canyon of the
Tuolumne, in Yosemite. — Grand Canyon, Arizona, hiked to the bottom
on Hermit Trail. — Point Reyes National Sea Shore. — Desolation
Wilderness on the Pacific Crest Trail. — John Muir Trail. — Lost Coast.
— Zion. — The Narrows. — Angles Landing. — Bryce Canyon.
- Hiked in a jungle in the Mexican State of San Luis Potosi.
- and many more.
Mark Presler –– I am over 50 yrs old.
- Past - Boy Scouts of America Volunteer
- I have been packing and hiking for over 25 yrs.
- I have mostly traveled Yosemite and Emigrant Wilderness areas.
- I practice "Leave No Trace" until I get it perfect. I like to travel light-
weight and am trying to go ultra-light. -- It’s a work in progress.
- Just want to enjoy the outdoors with other like minded enthusiasts.
Paul Lockwood –– Paul has been backpacking since he was just
FIVE YEARS OLD, with his parents and big sister.
- Current - Boy Scouts of America Volunteer
- He carried a couple of loaves of bread in the backpack that his mom
had made for him back then.... He's got the pictures to prove it!
- He STILL has that pack!
- Nowadays he always brings a fly fishing rod and likes to share his
|The Central Valley Backpacking Club was founded in Dec. 2009,
it is non-profit, and run entirely by unpaid volunteers and
dedicated to the enjoyment of nature and wilderness through
hiking & backpacking
We are NOT an outfitter or a guide service.
It is a co-operative for hiking and backpacking.
The principle of a group like ours is that you benefit by having fellowship
with other like minded folks and for companionship.
Consider with joining us.
|Central Valley Hiking and Backpacking Group Centrally Located in Stockton, CA
|Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. -- John Muir
Stephen Stackpole –– In terms of experience and hours on the trail, I
am the weak-link of the group. Backpacking and hiking excursions, have been
primarily in the western US, Canada, and Mexico. Yet, I long for more.
Given my pleasant Irish nature and ability to spin a yarn around the campfire,
the group really seeks my company on the trail for food and drink. I don’t believe
one has to eat poorly on the trail and have demonstrated strategies for food
preservation, enhance nutritional intake, in addition, simply, to taste. Come wine
& dine with us in the wilderness.
|May the forest be with you.
...and the mountains too!